Kuokkala Manor, Jyväskylä

Café, art exhibitions, culture, catering and meeting services

banneri kuokkala


Kuokkala Manor, Jyväskylä

 

 

 

 

kuokkalan kartano logo

Anfangi_K

Kuokkala Manor, Jyväskylä

In 1904, Julius Johnson had Kuokkala Manor built in Äijälänjoki bay. The house was designed by Wivi Lönn, one of the first female architects in Finland. The house has lived through various phases, including functioning as a maternity hospital between 1940 and 1960. The Kauko Sorjonen Foundation began taking care of the manor in 1998, restoring it to its full glory.